Carpenter Ant Treatment Preparation
Preparation must be very thorough in order to eliminate Carpenter Ants from your home. Follow this checklist closely. Any step not performed before treatment may affect the results.
The following items need to be done prior to the treatment:
- Remove all items from every kitchen cupboard, drawer, and shelf where ants have been seen and place the items in a plastic bag and move the items to a different room. Any food removed from the cabinets must either be in sealed containers or placed in the refrigerator.
- Remove shelf paper (except for contact paper) and clean the cupboards prior to the treatment. Remove all items from under the sink areas.
- If ants have been seen in closets, remove all items from these areas.
- Remove all pets from the premises. Cover any aquariums and unplug the air pumps.
- Be prepared to stay out of the building and off the property for 4 hours. Infants and elderly people should remain out for 6 hours.
- Pull all pet dishes, children's toys and other items at least 6 inches away from house.
The following items need to be done after the treatment:
- Ventilate your house when you arrive. Note: not all materials we use have an odor. We recommend to open windows to help ventilate and dry if necessary.
- If food and dish shelves have been treated, please allow them to dry. Cover them with shelf paper or newspaper before replacing items removed. Do not wash the shelves for 2 weeks.
- DO NOT allow children or pets near the treated surfaces until they have completely dried.
Please call our office for further information.